Charlene offers workplace education workshops to help you and your employees improve business writing skills and your organization’s effectiveness and efficiency. Despite the way technology has changed our method’s of communication, it is still important in today’s business world to have clear, concise, and error free written communication.
For one man’s opinion on the matter, see the CEO of iFixit and founder of Dozuki’s article: “I won’t hire people who use poor grammar. Here’s why.”
Possible Workshop Topics
- Tailor journalistic techniques to promote your organization.
- Write leads that engage your audience and deliver on a promise.
- Incorporate photography and captions that make your newsletter ‘pop!’
Credible Communication: Memos/Emails/Letters
- Getting it right the 1st time.
- Understanding netiquette.
- Making a positive, lasting impression.
Editing Essentials: Take proofreading to the next level
- Combat common sentence errors.
- Eliminate wordiness.
- Use active voice to ‘amp up’ your message.
Writing Wonderfully: The basics of writing effectively
- Tailor your documents to best serve your audience.
- Use emphasis to improve readability.
- Learn the quick tips for writing coherently.
Please contact Charlene to discuss the possibility of holding a workshop or full course (25-40 hours) at your organization: workshop topics can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Non-profit and charitable organizations may be eligible for a discounted rate.
$300 – 2 hour session
$400 – 3 hour session
$700 – full day (6-7 hours)
- Maximum 16 participants per session
One-on-one and Small Group Learning
Has constant emailing, texting, facebook posting, and tweeting left your once stellar writing skills lacking their former finesse?
Contact Charlene for a private session to either refresh and improve upon your former skills or learn totally new ways to make your writing stand out.
Learn to write more professionally and efficiently communicate with colleagues and business associates. Work through any or all of the topics above to set yourself above the rest or focus specifically on areas where you know you could use improvement.
Email email@example.com to discuss your one-on-one and small group needs. Rates are variable and depend on depth of learning and number of participants (minimum $75 per one hour session. Book multiple sessions to receive a discounted rate.)